Our MENA Customers: ICS is proud to announce the extension of our Data Center Services (DCS) in the Middle East, where we are currently active in Iraq and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is part of our business strategy to expand Construction & Engineering services around the globe. In the last two years, our team has been contracted to build three Tier III Data Centers. These work orders came about due to our successful delivery of a large-scale Tier IV Data Center for a healthcare provider in the United States. Following this award, ICS was approached by a Middle East and North African (MENA) client and, after a competitive bid, received an award for the Design/Build of a 7,800-square meter Data Center in early 2015, for which we promised to deliver Tier III-level design and construction, as certified by the Uptime Institute. As a company, we are deeply gratified by the potential to expand to other countries in the MENA region.
ICS Capabilities: ICS engineers have a successful track record in Data Center solutions, involving the Design/Build of a 17,000-square meter Tier IV Data Center for the Military Health System (MHS) and the implementation of a large-scale Real-Time Location System (RTLS) for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. The Construction & Engineering services team members at ICS are experts in BICSI, TIA, IEEE, ASHARE, LEED, and Uptime standards, in addition to being CMMI- and ISO-certified. Our past performance is spread across a variety of specializations, including Design, Engineering, Light and Heavy Construction, Full-Lifecycle Procurement, Installation/Commissioning, and Testing & Commissioning of IT/ICT Data Centers.
Data Center Build Expertise: ICS’s Data Center Services team has the capabilities to support our customers in Data Center Design & Build projects. A partial list of capabilities in this area include:
- Design and execution of Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) systems including uninterruptible power supply (UPS), battery back-up systems, and diesel generator sets
- Data Center Infrastructure Management with Building Management System (BMS) and Integrated Intelligent Control Systems (I2CS)
- Design and execution of Structured Data Cabling that make troubleshooting and expansion smooth; usage of Cable Management Systems (CMS)
- Design and commissioning of Data Networks using fabric or hybrid architectures integrated with Storage Area Network (SAN) and Clustered Computer Servers and associated peripherals and control devices
- Design and commissioning of Storage Area Network that could expand to 9-12 petabytes of data
- Establishing Clock Management Systems that synchronize to fraction-of-a-millisecond accuracy prior to the installation of computers and SAN systems; this allows digital systems to synchronize their processes and exchange data smoothly
- Expertise in Security Access Control System (SACS), including establishing network security, applications, and physical access control integrated with SACS
- Design and commissioning Fire Suppression and Protection systems integrated with BMS and I2CS
- Design and commissioning of Audio Video systems and VoIP-based telephones systems
- Integration of business applications with Database Management Systems hosted under virtualized, private, or hybrid cloud infrastructure, ensuring optimal Return on Investment (ROI) for our customers
- Collaboration with Uptime Institute in getting TIER III/IV Rating as planned. To get the best for our customers, ICS collaborates with many organizations such as Uptime Institute, BICSI, and ISO Certification Registrars, as well as various prominent ICT vendors/OEM such as Cisco, Microsoft, HP, Oracle, Dell, and Siemens.
|Data Center Services (MEP)
||DC Services (PM)
||DC Services (ICT)
ICS’s Fast-track Data Center Design/Build Methodology: At ICS we begin every Data Center build project with a focus on understanding our client’s business and needs. We then develop an implementation plan that blends our expertise with industry best practices and caters to the customer’s operational requirements.
The plan will incorporate reviews, multi-stage testing, and validation to guarantee compliance with the highest standards of quality, Uptime’s TIER rating requirements,
and other performance metrics. Our design team works closely with the customer, SMEs, and the construction teams from the beginning, to ensure all expectations are shared and actionable. We also use a non-traditional approach: fast-tracking. Fast-tracking compresses a project schedule by running the design and construction phases simultaneously to the extent feasible. With this approach, our teams were able to accelerate the work timeline by 20%
DCS Quality Management: ICS’s process-oriented Quality Management System gives clients confidence that the company will deliver on every project. Our accreditations in ISO 9001:2008, 20001:2011, and 27001:2016—as well as internal review processes with a higher degree of stakeholder involvement—certify our sophistication in quality management and compliance with various industry standards. At the completion of each task, checklists and peer reviews are used to verify the quality of the work. Various types of testing throughout the Data Center build lifecycle provide additional quality compliance. For critical systems, Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) will be performed during procurement. During installation of an ICT subsystem, a combination of Function Validation Testing (FVT), Integration Testing (INTEG), Pre-Release Validation Testing (RVT), and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) will be performed, and identified defects will be corrected. Test results from Performance Testing (PERT), Capacity Testing (CAPT), and Final Acceptance Testing (FA) will be analyzed to review the system performance, contingent upon which the ICT subsystem will be accepted. It takes approximately two to three months to fully resolve all minor defects including initial operational issues.
Risk Mitigation: ICS utilizes a rigorous risk management methodology that adheres to CMMI and ISO best practice requirements. Risk is continually mitigated throughout the execution of project work. Vetting trade contractors’ qualifications and capabilities, periodic audits on test procedures, calibration of measuring instruments, and compliance with safety procedures are a few such examples of the processes we employ. By working only with subcontractors who are familiar with local regulations, assist with Quality Assurance, and adhere to established safety standards, we further mitigate program risk. And by auditing our processes and periodically checking a project’s status against its milestone metrics, ICS reduces both project delay and the incidence of unnecessary errors.
References: Our MENA clients are impressed with our Design/Build methodology of Data Center services, and we want to share the good news! By submitting a request to email@example.com, interested parties can obtain references related to Data Center Design/Build projects executed in the United States and abroad. We work with our clients to lower their capital outlay for construction and subsequent operations, thereby improving Return on Investment and starting them on the road to a promising future.