Large-scale construction is best managed by specialists who are “grass root”-developed and possess the best skills in the industry. Our focus on the end user’s needs begins with understanding the requirements and extrapolating the requirements to support the investment a decade outward. We work with a team of planning and building professionals that first looks at the stakeholder requirements, then designs a comprehensive project plan, and finally incorporates technology maturation to provide long-term sustainability for the project.
- Project Initiation
- Site Selection Assistance
- Estimating Project Costs
- Construction Detail Coordination
- Managing Economics vs. Reality
- Safety Management
- Drawing “Take-offs” Validation
- Program Planning
- Project Planning
- Project Scheduling
- Site Management
- Quality Management
- Contingency Planning
- CAD Management
- Bonding Management
- Sub-Contractor Vetting
- Logistics Coordination
- Vendor Management
- Claims Management
- Monitoring Project Performance
- Project Closeout
ICS’s goal is to enhance customer satisfaction through the use of best practices. ICS is an ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System-certified company. Our commitment to best practices plays a large part in why we are consistently renewed on contracts.
ICS employs trained personnel on three continents, emphasizing the need to review and comply with local codes and regulations. Our “checklist” management style relies on daily briefings to ensure staff are prepared and understand task requirements. This reduces cost and risk, creates a safer environment, and minimizes the likelihood of unnecessary rework.
ICS drafted its first OSHA safety procedures manual in 2009. Our HQ and all project sites make use of a safety plan, periodic safety meetings, and the oversight of an on-site safety director. Over 10% of ICS employees are Red Cross/Red Crescent first aid trained, and more than 30% are CPR certified. All staff are required to attend a health & safety briefing prior to beginning job assignments.
Experience = Value
Our past experience in construction projects provides value to future ones. ICS’s proven performance constructing sturdy, secure, and energy-efficient buildings includes the completion of data centers, train control rooms, power rooms, substations, and MEP rooms.
Our value-driven approach to design aligns with our OneTeam™ concept.
Design Discipline & Team Focus
- Multiple mid- and large-scale Data Center design experience in variable environments
- Extensive team experience in the electro-mechanical discipline
- Comprehensive resources in IT/ICT Infrastructure – BICSI certified
- 20 years of vendor experiences and relationships
- Subject Matter Experts in TIA 942 – Telecommunications Infrastructure Standards for Data Center
- Data Center Design Experts – Uptime-certified
- Design team expertise with BICSI standards, which complements the TIA standard in the telecom infrastructure environment
- LEED expertise
- Green computing maturity compliance according to the Green Grid
ICS offers a complete range of services to ensure your project is delivered according to specs, on time, and within budget.
- Design Supervision Services
- Design Engineering – Turnkey
- MEP designers
- CAD specialists
- Civil/Structural engineers
- Automation & Controls engineers
- Low Voltage design engineers
- RCDD – ICT architects
- LEED-certified engineers
- Certified IST engineers
- Due Diligence & Regulatory Compliance
- Build Documentation teams
- Tier-Certifying engineers
- Commissioning teams
Our engineers work with customers in all facets of data center design and construction:
- All phases of design
- Site selection
- Full-lifecycle Procurement
- Program managers & PMO
- Civil, Structural, and Architecture (CSA)
- MEP engineers
- ICT architects and engineers
- Document Control
- QA/QC teams
- Health, Safety, & Environment (HSE)
- Site engineers & foremen
- Sustainability & Energy Efficiency Consulting – LEED
- Integrated Logistics
- LEED Certification
- Regulatory & Compliance team
- Testing & Certification
Building a 40-acre data center in the Middle East.
High-tech build to facilitate the ICS HQ move which included video walls, conference rooms, and custom-designed lobby areas.
Built two stainless steel self-contained train control rooms. The rooms were built offsite and transported to a landlocked location. A 300-ton crane was deployed to lower each of the units into place within the allotted four-hour access time to the rails. Not a single delay in the running of the rail system was experienced.
Laid 100 tons of Plastibeton® trough in ballast in support of the train control rooms.
Designed, installed, and managed fiber and cable replacement in a data center of over 150,000 square feet (14,000 m2). ICS was recently awarded a five-year extension of this contract.