We are hiring a Senior Accountant for permanent opportunity for our sister company Swiftships, Inc. in Fairfax, VA
Must be able to travel to (Morgan City, LA – Once a Month)
Swiftships has been a military and commercial vessel manufacturer since 1969. Swiftships’ delivery to all branches of the U.S. military, commercial/private companies, and 52 foreign countries has established Swiftships’ recognition as a leader in the shipbuilding industry today. U.S. Navy approved and ISO certified, Swiftships’ American quality build and innovative designs are the envy of the industry; its unique capabilities are designed to meet the real-world requirements and applications not only to the United States, but countless governments across the globe www.swiftships.com
- Responsible for preparation and review of monthly timely financial statements to management and banks and any other stakeholder there may be (BS, IS, CF) including supporting schedules for balance sheet support, critical P&L line item reconciliation support, as well as project detail support.
- Has all reconciliation support sheets and GL journal entry sheets available to manager for review and sign off by business day 12 latest each month.
- Establishes a regular monthly close process for company (ies) under responsibility, with financial statements issued by business day 15 latest to any and all stakeholders, including explanations of results and variances.
- Maintain and supervise all aspects of AX 2012, or any other relevant ERP system; GL, AP, AR, Cash, Projects, People and administering the system.
- Perform all project setup activities within ERP system.
- Must be a fully involved, hands on, highly driven manager and be able to collaborate with employees, contractors, and management personnel.
- Must have solid working knowledge of US-GAAP accounting standards, principles and practices and a solid knowledge of Government contract accounting, including FAR/ DFARS.
- Responsible for preparation of all information as well as being the lead person interacting with outside independent auditors and regulatory agencies (DCAA).
- Prepares and presents an YTD Indirect Rate calculation sheet monthly by business day 15.
- Must adhere to companywide policies and procedures that include timely submittal of timesheets and professional, discrete demeanor as well as adherence to mandatory companywide trainings.
- Any ad hoc requirements as needed.
- Willing to travel to Virginia on a quarterly basis.
- Minimum of 5 years as Accounting Manager & 10 years of government contract accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting as a minimum. Master’s in Accounting and/ or CPA preferred.
- 10 years Government contract accounting experience, Cost accounting standards and FAR/DFARs experience/ 5 years Accounting Manager experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience using AX2012.
- FFP, T&M and Cost plus Contracts experience.
- Excel proficiency.
- Highly ethical, self-motivated, and adhering to highest professional standards.